Monday, June 28, 2010

My Adventures with Savella: Week One

Last Friday was marks the first week of being on Savella. So far there is not much to report since at that time I had only been taking 25mg 2 times a day. I did notice a decrease in my appetite, but no nausea or sleeplessness. At least no more nausea and sleeplessness than usual.

Since I haven't got much to report, lets talk about side effects. WebMD lists the most common side effects as:
High Blood PressureLess Severe
Dry MouthLess Severe
Incomplete or Infrequent Bowel MovementsLess Severe
DizzyLess Severe
Chronic Trouble SleepingLess Severe
Excessive SweatingLess Severe
Temporary Redness of Face and NeckLess Severe
Loss of AppetiteLess Severe
Head PainLess Severe
Fast HeartbeatLess Severe
Heart Throbbing or PoundingLess Severe
Feel Like Throwing UpLess Severe
Throwing Up

When my aunt was on Savella it gave her high blood pressure, which is something I am a little concerned about. It runs in my family and I am on The Pill for endometriosis, which can cause high blood pressure too.

So far, everything on the Savella front is A-OK. I'll report on things again on Friday for week 2.

1 comment:

  1. Happy to hear that it isn't making you sicker than you already are!

    High blood pressure runs in my family too :(

    ReplyDelete