Saturday, June 19, 2010

My Adventures with Savella: The Titration Pack


I started my dose of Savella last night. The first day is 1 12.5mg tablet. The next day bumps it up to 2 12.5mg tablets and you contune on that dose for 2 days. Days 4-7 are 2 25mg tablets each day, and days 8-28 are 2 50mg tablets each day. In the image you can see it's all layed out for you, sort of like a birth-contol packet.

Savella, also called milnicipran HCI, is an SNRI (serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor) and works by balancing out certain neurotransmitters. It works in the same way as an anti-depressant. Savella is the first drug approved by the FDA that was specifically formulated to treat fibromyalgia. Lyrica started out as an anti-seizure medication, and Cymbalta is an antidepressant.

It's too early in my dosing to know if it's made a difference, but I have high hopes for this medication. Even if it doesn't work for me, that brings me one step closer to finding something that does and having more answers.

For more information on Savella check out webmd.com or savella.com

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! I'm curious & hopeful to see if this med will work.

    ReplyDelete