Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My Adventures with Savella: An overdue post

So I have been on Savella since June 18th, about 3 months and 2 weeks. I do have to say that it has been helping. I find that I am able to do a little more on regualar days, and a cut down in my horrible days. I still am living life with a pain level of 6-7, but it takes longer to get worse. Last week I cleaned out the garage and went through totes in the house. About 2 full days of activity. Only did things get really bad when the day after this I took a walk down the block. My legs were in horrible pain and my neck was burning. So I took the next day for rest, and have been feeling better. I still have trouble sitting in the same position for too long, and tired easily. I haven't noticed any adverse side effects, so I am going to continue taking it to see if things get any better.

I am having trouble with my depression and anxiety though. I had to come of my Pristiq to start taking Savella so there wouldn't be a bad interaction. Since then my anxiety and depression have ruled my life to the point of me not even being able to get the mail by myself. I stay quiet in the house, so that no one knows I am home. With the Pristiq these things were under control and I would even take the bus places on my own. I brought this up to my doctor and he wants to start me on the Pristiq again. I will start with 25mg for the first week and call them after that to see how it's affecting me. I hope that if I were to get my depression and anxiety under control, that maybe my fibro would be a little more controlled too. I will be sure to keep you all updated on that.

I have another appointment with RNA tomorrow as well, and those have always gone well. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment